7–9 September 2016 | Etihad Stadium, Melbourne
The 16th annual ALPMA Summit “A Blueprint for change” was held at the Melbourne Etihad Stadium from September 7–9, 2016.
The ALPMA Summit features the largest legal management trade exhibition in the Southern Hemisphere, with more than 50+ market-leading vendors showcasing the latest products, services and technologies for the legal sector.
This year, we welcome InfoTrack as our Principal Partner, LexisNexis as our Thought Leadership Awards partner and SAI Global and Veda as our Summit Gold Partners. Other major partners include Thomson Reuters, The Information Management Group, Worldox Cloud hosted by Matrix Solutions, BigHand and Law In Order. ALPMA offers a range of partnership, exhibition and merchandising opportunities that are now on sale – and are snapped up quickly!
The 2016 ALPMA Summit provides you with the practical ‘how-to’ advice you need to successfully implement the people, process and technology changes required to keep your firm competitive in a rapidly evolving legal landscape.
Our inspiring, expert speakers will show you how to:
- successfully lead, manage and communicate change at your firm
- deploy legal project management to improve operational efficiency
- remake your business model to better meet changing client needs
- leverage existing and emerging technologies to enhance your service offering
- build optimistic, motivated and resilient teams to lift performance
- create powerful digital strategies to drive firm growth….and much more!
Summit Research: A Blueprint for Change
In 2016, ALPMA and InfoTrack collaborated on ground-breaking research to investigate:
- How Australasian law firms are supporting innovation and change at their firms
- The people, process and technology initiatives law firms are implementing in order to adapt to the changing environment.
The research results provide your firm with compelling insight into how firm’s are driving innovation and responding to the changing legal landscape and the people, process and technology initiatives that Australasian firms are investing in to ensure they remain competitive.
ALPMA/LexisNexis Thought Leadership Awards
These Awards shine a light on innovative projects and new initiatives being conducted by firms across the legal sector in response to the changing legal landscape and provide recognition for firms and legal departments who have successfully implemented innovative projects and strategic initiatives in response to the challenges facing the Australasian legal industry.
Congratulations to the 2016 ALPMA/LexisNexis Thought Leadership Award winner, Maddocks for their innovative, rigorous approach to implementing flexible working for the Employment, Safety and People team, and our finalists, Bytherules Conveyancing, Hall & Wilcox and Nexus Law Group!
Awards Presentation at the 2016 ALPMA Summit Gala Dinner
- Winner: Maddocks
- Finalists: Bytherules Conveyancing
- Finalists: Nexus Law Group
- Finalists: Hall & Wilcox
Thought Leadership Awards Judging Panel
The 2016 ALPMA/LexisNexis Thought Leadership Awards judging panel is comprised of experienced legal innovators and thought leaders:
- Shelley Dunstone, Principal, Legal Circles
- Simon Wilkins, Executive Director – Sales Strategy & New Lexis, LexisNexis Asia Pacific
- Shirley Hamel, Director of Operations, Cornwall Stodart
- Whit Lee, Executive Director of Strategy & Customer Research, LexisNexis Asia Pacific
- Dr Peter Lynch, Principal, dci lycon
The 2016 ALPMA Summit will have a strong focus on providing law firm leaders and managers with practical advice on how to implement the people, process and technology changes required to keep their firms competitive in a rapidly evolving legal landscape – and this is reflected in our theme “A Blueprint for Change“
Summit presenters will explain how delegates can adjust their business models, strategy and operational practices to ensure their firms are well-positioned for the future, backed by real-world case studies. Delegates will leave Summit armed with the guidance and insight they need to successfully create blueprint for change at their firm.
Pre-Summit Master Class Workshops
There will be two optional half-day pre-Summit Master Class workshops, held concurrently on the afternoon of Wednesday 7 September, 2016. These will provide attendees with deep insight on two topics critical for creating a law firm that successfully adapts and flourishes:
- Legal Innovation for Small Firm Teams, presented by Therese Linton, Managing Director, The BASALT Group. Attend this workshop to learn how to implement legal project management at your firm.
- A Process of Change and the Leader’s Role, presented by Steve Wingert, Principal, Nesso Strategies. Attend this workshop to learn how to successfully lead change at your firm.
Stay tune for more information on our workshop speakers!
Each workshop = 3.5 CPD Units/ 3.5 NZ Hours Practice Management and Business Skills
The ALPMA Summit features an outstanding and inspiring program of international and local speakers, sharing their expertise and delivering practical insights that you can apply directly at your firm. Our inspiring, expert speakers include:
- US change management guru, Steve Wingert from Nesso Strategies
- Australian legal innovator, Matthew Burgess from View Legal
- Executive Chairman of beaton, Dr George Beaton
- Performance expert, Dr Bob Murray from Fortinberry Murray
- Catherine McGregor AM, former Australian military officer and LGBTI advocate
- Law firm leaders from Moores, Connect Law, Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers, Coleman Greig Lawyers, Piper Alderman, Allens, Carter Newell…and many more!