alpma will be closed from 22 December and re-open Monday 8 January. Have a safe, relaxing and enjoyable holiday break!
27–29 August 2014 | Melbourne Crown Convention Centre
ALPMA’s 14th annual 2014 ALPMA Summit is coming to the Melbourne Crown Convention Centre from Wednesday 27 – Friday 29 August. This year’ Summit is designed to help law firms develop strategies to thrive and prosper in the ‘new normal’ legal landscape. And there is a lot to look forward to this year:
- NEW! Two pre-Summit Master Class Workshops on with expert speakers on Business Development and Technology held on Wednesday afternoon
- Fantastic 2 day program featuring local and international experts sharing advice and their experience on how to thrive and prosper in the ‘new normal’, held for the first time on Thursday/Friday – so you can enjoy a full weekend after Summit in Melbourne!
- 250+ law firm leaders from across Australasia under one roof
- NEW! Summit Live! delegate passes to attend Summit online via our live-streamed broadcast and ask questions of our speakers
- NEW! Summit On-Demand recordings of Summit sessions, so you can share your colleagues your favourite sessions when you get back to the office
- The largest legal management tradeshow and exhibition in Australasia featuring around 50 leading vendors, including LexisNexis, BigHand, legalsuper, SAI Global, GlobalX, CPD Interactive, Saunders Print Group, Houn IT and Trans4mation Consulting.
This Summit includes sessions covering key learning areas, including:
Improve Firm Profitability
Grow Your Firm
Develop & Manage Your People
Become a Better Leader
Create Sound Strategy
Ensure Operational Efficiency
Mastering Client Development (a.k.a. the ‘Sales’ Process) for Law Firms®
Julie Savarino – Business Development Inc.
Leveraging Technology for Profitability & Innovation
Craig Rispin – Future Trends
Thriving & Prospering in a bigger Australia
Bernard Salt – KPMG
Your Firm in 30 Seconds: Developing a Clear Positioning Strategy for New Business Success
Tim Williams – Ignition Group, USA
Designing & Leading Change for Thriving Law Firms
Gretel Bakker – Performance Frontiers
There is a Better Way – and Legal Project Management Can Help You Find It
Paul Malliate – PSS Global
We All Have LinkedIn Accounts – Now What? How To Make the Most of LinkedIn for Lawyers and Law Firms
Julie Savarino – Business Development Inc.
Thought Leadership: Paperless Platform – Powering Performance and Profit
Scott Thompson – Director, Anderssens
Facilitated by ALPMA Committee Members
ALPMA Update: The year in review & looking ahead
Andrew Barnes, ALPMA’s National President
Women as Leaders and Leading lawyers: Effective Leadership
The Honourable Nicole Roxon, Victoria University
Innovative Work Practices: Your Future Starts Now!
Frank Russo – HR Partner, Pitcher Partners
Jodie Baker, MD & Founder Hive Legal
Anita Bennett, Director, People Development & Communications with AdventBalance
Good Strategy: What Sets It Apart From Failed & Unsuccessful Strategies?
William Masson – New Light Strategies
The New Legal Workplace & How To Drive Change
James Calder – Calder Consultants
Graham Chapman – Corrs
Rob Macmorran – NAB
Gina Creegan – Calder Consultants
Where is the Money?
Online Reputation Management
Assertive Humility: Emerging from the Ego Trap
How to be sustainably successful by exceeding client service & price expectations
Tim Williams – Ignition Group
Colin Jasper – Jasper Consulting
John Chisholm – John Chisholm Consulting
Facilitated by Andrew Barnes – Harwood Andrews
Summit Research: The Impact of the Changing Legal Landscape
The results from the 2014 ALPMA/LexisNexis research “The Impact of the Changing Legal Landscape on Australasian Law Firms” were presented by LexisNexis at the opening session of the ALPMA Summit on Thursday 28 August at the Melbourne Crown Convention Centre.
ALPMA/Telstra Thought Leadership Awards
Hive Legal, a start-up virtual law firm, was crowned the 2014 ALPMA/Telstra Thought Leadership Award winner for their innovative legal business model, ahead of finalists AdventBalance, Swaab Attorneys and PD Lawyers, at the ALPMA Summit Gala dinner in Melbourne on Thursday 28 August, 2014.
Award winners & finalists at the 2014 ALPMA Summit Gala Dinner
- Winner: Hive Legal
- Finalist: AdventBalance Lawyers
- Finalist: P D Law
- Finalist: Swaab Attorneys