Useful Links to Support Your Firm Through the COVID-19 Pandemic
We've collated some resources that we think will be very useful to you and your firms in difficult times. If there is anything else that you need support with please don't hesitate to get in contact and we will help source more resources for you and your firm.
- On Demand Learning
- Return to the Office
- Useful links
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Australian State Government Website Updates
- Legal Resources
- ALPMA Resources
- ALPMA Partner Resources
- Law Firm Resources
- Mental Health
- Working From Home
We are adding more and more webinars so be sure to check in frequently to see what new topics are being added.
- Q&A Webinar: COVID-19: Employment Law and WH&S Obligations recorded 24 March 2020
- Q&A Webinar Summary Notes: COVID-19: Employment Law and WH&S Obligations recorded 24 March 2020
- Q&A Webinar: COVID-19: Australian Economic Stimulus package - copy of slides (no recording available)
- Q&A Webinar: Cash Flow Remodelling recorded 7 April 2020
- Cash Flow Template available
- Suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the office
- COVID-19: Return to Office Checklist
- Worksafe FAQ's
- Guidance for Employers: Looking after employee Mental Health
- COVIDSafe App
- NSW Member Connect 28 May 2020 - Return to the Workplace Panel discussion (recording)
- Businesses should pass three tests before bringing staff back to the office
- Returning to the Office: Four F's to faciliate re-entry
- Practical Considerations for Employers preparing "Return to Office" Plans
- What Happens When we Return to the Workplace?
- Leading Through Change and Disruption
Australian Economic Stimulus - Treasury Website
**Updated News - 9 April 2020**
Business Readiness Checklist
Downloadable pdf links:
Australian Taxation Office - Assistance for Business Fact Sheet
Employment Law and Associated Resources
Chamber of Commerce and Industry WA - Work From Home Template Pack
Pack includes the following templates:
It's important to note that the employers liability for an employees health and safety will extend into the home environment in cases whereby the employee is working from home.
As a minimum an employer should have employees complete an Ergonomic Assessment of their working environment, ideally by completing a checklist and returning a signed copy to the employer. Employers should also request a photo of the employees’ workstation so they are can ensure reasonable compliance by the employee. It is the employers responsibility to make any necessary adjustments.
It is also worth noting that the remote (or home) working environment is likely to be an extension of the employer’s physical office space and as such any injury sustained within the home office environment could fall under the employers workers compensation insurance policy. Employers should seek advice from their insurers on this matter, amend policies to include home office environments and look to implement, where possible, specific working hours with employees to reduce their exposure.
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Fair Work Australia - COVID-19 Advice
The Fair Work Commission proposes to vary 103 modern awards as a result. FWC application details can be viewed here. A summary of the proposed changes is below.
Proposed variation to 103 modern awards - Click to view
The timesheet requirements implemented in March 2020 remain unchanged for employees working from home. That is, any employees on the Legal Services Awards must still record their hours worked and submit a timesheet each week. Their start and finish times must also be recorded. For a summary of these changes members can access a suite of documents and guidance notes.
COVID-19 Specific Page
Supervision of RP & PLT
|WA Legal Practice Board||RP & PLT|
|Law Society of WA|
|Legal Practitioners Education and Admissions Council (LPEAC)|
|Law Society of SA|
|Law Institute of Victoria|
|Queensland Law Society|
|Law Society of NSW|
|The Law Society of the ACT|
|Law Society NT|
ALPMA Partner Offers
Working From Home Furniture Packages
Mondi Paper Promotion
Working From Home Equiment and Supplies
Want unlimited access to our webinars and member only resources for free?