- 09 Sep 2020
- Knowledge Bank
Legal Industry Mental Health First Aid Training
Through ALPMA, and thanks to the support of legalsuper, everyone can now access Mental Health First Aid Australia’s (MHFA) blended MHFA training course that has been specifically tailored to legal workplaces. This course is a combination of an online (eLearning) component and a 4-5-hour face-to-face training session that teaches managers, supervisors and individuals how to assist a co-worker who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis.
Training is currently conducted online through 2.5hr training sessions over two days. Places are limited to 15 people per course.
Within the general community there is a high prevalence of mental illness with 1 in 5 people suffering in the workplace however, there is an even higher incidence in the legal workplace with 1 in 3 lawyers, at any one stage, suffering depression, high anxiety and stress.
Early recognition of signs and symptoms can lead to a return to usual performance quickly and can alleviate the problems worsening.
Would you know how to assist a co-worker who is experiencing a mental health problem?
It’s important that you learn but it is equally as important that multiple people within your firm learn and know how to assist too. MHFA training should be encouraged across seniority, departments and genders to ensure diversity of support.
The E-Learning Component Covers:
There are two options for the delivery of the worskhop. Either in-person or Online and consist of:
Developing mental health problems:
Learn how to:
Mental health crises:
When able, we will bring back the blended course with face-to-face learning. Until then only online courses are available.
How to Enrol
1. Register and pay below for one of our upcoming online training timeslots. Places are limited to 15 people per course, so secure your spot now. If all courses are full check back regularly as new timeslots are opening each month or contact us to register your interest.
2. Once registered you will be sent instructions on how to access and complete the online training component.
3. Complete the online training course prior to attending and completing the face-to-face training (online during COVID).
4. You are now a qualified as a Mental Health First Aider.
Enquire about Firm or Corporate Sessions
- Minimum numbers are required for each training session.
- Firm training and corporate rates are also available.
- The online course is $275 pp for ALPMA Members or $290 pp for non-members.
ALPMA Partners are welcome to also complete this training.
Please email us for more information.