ALPMA Legal Industry Thought Leadership Awards
The ALPMA Thought Leadership Awards shine a light on innovative projects and new initiatives being conducted by firms across the legal sector in response to the changing legal landscape and provide recognition for firms and legal departments who have successfully implemented innovative projects and strategic initiatives in response to the challenges facing the Australasian legal industry.
Who can nominate?
Law firms and legal departments are encouraged to self-nominate. Suppliers who have successfully implemented innovative projects at a law firm or legal department may also nominate their client for an Award, provided the client has consented to be nominated prior to the nomination being submitted.
What is the judging criteria?
Any kind of project or initiative undertaken by an Australasian law firm or legal department is eligible for nomination for an ALPMA/LexisNexis Thought Leadership Award as long as it meets the following criteria:
- Must be implemented in the last year
- Must demonstrate leadership or innovation (ie a new or different way of doing something) in response to the changing legal landscape
- Must be able to demonstrate real benefits (in terms of time or cost savings, productivity gains, quality etc) and show a positive impact for staff, employees and/or partners/ owners as a result of the project
- Must be undertaken at an ALPMA member's law firm or legal department - so make sure you are signed up as an active ALPMA member! Join Now
Watch the videos below to hear our past Award winners and finalists discuss their innovative projects.
2019 ALPMA/LexisNexis Thought Leadership Awards
ALPMA was delighted to welcome back LexisNexis as our Thought Leadership Awards partner in 2019. The 2019 Awards were presented at the 2019 ALPMA Summit Gala Dinner on Thursday, 5 September 2019 at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre.
- Joint Winners:
- WLW - The Bridge Project
- Lander & Rogers - LawTech Hub
- Finalist: Shine Corporate - Claimify
- Finalist: Hall & Wilcox - CLEAR
2018 ALPMA/LexisNexis Thought Leadership Awards
- Winner: Adieu Legal - for their Consensus Accelerator platform
- Finalist: Lawyers on Demand - Secondment Solutions service
- Finalist: LegalVision - for their Client experience and transformative technology projects
- Finalist: Mills Oakley - for the Accelerator partnership
Read the Media Release announcing Adieu Legal as the winner
Watch the videos below to hear our 2018 Award Finalists discuss their innovative project.
- Winner: Mills Oakely - for their Innovation Accelerator
- Finalist: Proximity - for their Procurement-As-As-Service offering
- Finalist: Legal Economy - for their digital platform to brief barristers
- Finalist: Bannermans Lawyers - for the Bannermans Compliance Pack
Watch the videos below to hear our 2017 Award Winner and Finalists discuss their innovative project.