- Join or partner with our collaborative team
- Flexible hours - full-time or part-time
- Attractive remuneration package
- Offices in Sydney and Newcastle/Hunter Region
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements negotiable
An exciting opportunity now exists for a Lawyer to join Local Government Legal.
Are you an experienced property and commercial lawyer looking for an opportunity that offers autonomy, flexibility and a chance to work with high quality clients while having a positive impact on New South Wales communities?
Local Government Legal is a boutique Incorporated Legal Practice that specialises in acting for local government clients across New South Wales.
Councils generate a steady stream of diverse and interesting property and commercial matters and we are looking for someone to either join our team or partner with us (eg work through our firm as a contracted sole practitioner) in order to meet this demand.
Local Government Legal is part of Arrow (www.arrowco.com.au), a specialist service provider to the local government sector. Arrow provides technical and support services to its customers, primarily local councils, through its targeted business units. Services include:
• Legal Services – Local Government Legal
• Industry Training – Local Government Training Institute
• Procurement – Regional Procurement
• Film Production Licencing Services – Screen Hunter
• Video Communications Agency – Good Chat
• Policy, Advocacy and Program Delivery – supporting the Hunter Joint Organisation of Councils.
Local Government Legal provides a range of legal services in the areas of Local Government Law, Planning and Environment Law, Administrative Law & Corporate Governance, Property Law & Conveyancing, and Commercial & Contract Law.
This opportunity arises as part of our plan for growth and we are seeking a Lawyer experienced in Property Law & Conveyancing, and Commercial & Contract Law.
This is a pivotal role where you will be an integral member of this team, have direct client contact, and manage your own files.
We require an agile team player who has an analytical mind with superior attention to detail and an evolving commercial and strategic mindset. You will be comfortable working autonomously or as part of a high-performing team. What really sets you apart is your highly developed interpersonal and communication skills which allow you to build excellent working relationships and provide advice of the highest professional standard.
The position is permanent full-time or part-time (working 3 to 4 days per week). An attractive remuneration package or competitive hourly rate (if you want to work as a contractor) will be negotiated based on the successful candidate’s experience. Flexible working conditions (including being able to work from the Hunter Valley or Sydney) and working from home arrangements can also be negotiated.
Do you have the six fundamentals to be the successful candidate?
- Admission to the Supreme Court of NSW and at least three (3) years’ post-admission experience;
- Possession of a current practising certificate issued by the Law Society of NSW;
- Proven knowledge and expertise in relation to property, commercial, contractual and conveyancing matters, including drafting and reviewing contracts and legal documents, the sale and purchase of land, and leases, licences, easements and covenants;
- Demonstrated ability to provide highly authoritative and strategic legal advice in a range of complex, sensitive and sometimes conflicting legal situations;
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills;
- Well-developed and proven strategic thinking skills and an appreciation of the political and social context in which local government operates.
Experience in local government law is desirable but not essential.
If this sounds like you, please forward your application addressing how you meet the above six fundamentals / selection criteria to email@example.com. Should you have any questions regarding the position, please telephone Directors, Marlie Caban or Mark Cottom on 4922 2301.