ALPMA Members - Eligibility
If you currently hold a position, with management responsibility, within a private law firm, legal department or government agency within Australasia, then an ALPMA membership is for you. Eligible ALPMA Members typically work in one of the roles listed below:
- Senior leaders at a law firm or legal department - including Legal Practice Managers, Managing Directors, CEOs, COOs and General Managers
- Specialist managers and administrators at a law firm - including HR Managers, Finance Managers, Marketing and Business Development Managers, IT Managers, Knowledge Managers, Business, Office Managers, Administrative staff
- Lawyers with a management role or interest in developing their management and leadership skills, including Managing Partners, Sole Practitioners, Solicitors, Barristers, Associates and In-house Corporate and Government Legal Counsel
- Managerial staff in a professional legal association.
ALPMA Associates - Eligibility
If you are not eligible to become a full ALPMA member, you could be eligible to join as an ALPMA Associate.
You can be an ALPMA Associate if you are a:
- Past ALPMA member who has moved out of the legal industry but wants to remain involved
- Retired legal management professional
- Academic or educator in a relevant field
- Student interested in a career in the legal industry.
Associates can attend our monthly learning and development seminars, events and webinars for half the price of non-members, have unlimited access all of our fantastic online resources and can participate for free in our industry research. Associates can also attend special events (like workshops and the ALPMA National Summit) at the discounted member price.
Please note that consultants, suppliers and vendors (including former ALPMA members who move to a vendor/supplier/consultant role) and anyone eligible to be an ALPMA Member are not eligible to become ALPMA Associates.
Code of Conduct
All members are bound by our Code of Conduct.
If you are a consultant, vendor or supplier to the legal industry and would like to be a part of the ALPMA community, we invite you to review the comprehensive range of opportunities to become an ALPMA partner. The annual ALPMA Summit is also a great way to partner with us. www.alpmasummit.com.au
You could also register to become a guest speaker or contribute to the ALPMA blog "A Survival Guide for Legal Practice Managers".