18 November 2023
The 2017 ALPMA/McLeod Duminy New Zealand Legal Industry Salary and HR Issues Report provides reliable information on salary trends for a comprehensive range of positions and experience levels at law firms across the country and helps firms benchmark their compensation strategy to like firms. Ninety-four New Zealand law firms from across the country, employing 2,259 people, completed the survey.
The report includes:
- Details of salaries paid for 40+ legal, managerial and administrative positions at law firms across New Zealand—broken down by location and size of firm.
- Information on employments benefits and bonuses.
- The staffing mix of part-time, contract, casual and full-time workers employed at law firms.
- Key staffing ratios to measure firm productivity, staff turnover and performance.
- Anticipated salary increases and law firm recruitment intentions for the next 12 months.
- The key HR issues and challenges facing law firms in 2017.
- Diversity and inclusion perceptions, programs and plans.
Overall, 88% of respondents indicated that, in addition to salaries, their legal firm offers employment benefits, bonuses and incentives.
Smaller firms are less likely than medium sized firms to offer other employment benefits to their staff.
– 2017 ALPMA/McLeod Duminy Salary & HR Issues Survey Report
Firms and Individuals who participate in these surveys receive a complimentary copy of the research report.
Need more information?
If you have any questions about the research or need assistance, please contact our research team.