18 November 2023
The 2017 ALPMA Australian Legal Industry Salary & HR Issues Survey was conducted in March, 2017. More than 280 firms participated in the survey, proudly supported by In2View Recruitment, IPA, Kaleidoscope Legal Recruitment and KBE Human Capital.
The 2017 ALPMA Australian Legal Industry Salary and HR Issues Report provides reliable information on salary trends for a comprehensive range of positions and experience levels at law firms across the country and helps firms benchmark their compensation strategy to like firms. It also provides valuable insight on the critical HR issues and challenges facing Australian law firms. In 2017, 285 Australian law firms from across Australia, employing 9,623 people completed the survey.
The report includes:
- Details of salaries paid for 70+ legal, managerial and administrative positions at law firms across Australia—broken down by State and size of firm, with legal salaries further analysed by practice area.
- Information on employments benefits and bonuses paid by firms.
- The staffing mix of part-time, contract, casual and full-time workers employed at law firms.
- Key staffing and turnover ratios to measure firm productivity and performance.
- Anticipated salary increases and law firm recruitment intentions for the next 12 months.
- The key HR issues and challenges facing law firms in 2017.
- Diversity and inclusion perceptions, programs and plans.
Wages growth across the legal industry flat-lined over the last 12 months, dropping to new record low of 1%, down from the previous low of 2.8% in 2015 and from 4.8% in 2014. This is in line with record low wages growth figures recorded in the broader Australian economy by the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
– 2017 ALPMA Australian Legal Industry Salary & HR Issues Survey Report
Firms and Individuals who participate in these surveys receive a complimentary copy of the research report.
Need more information?
If you have any questions about the research or need assistance, please contact our research team.