23 November 2023
The 2016 ALPMA/empire group Australian Legal Industry Salary and HR Issues Report provides reliable information on salary trends for a comprehensive range of positions and experience levels at law firms across the country and helps firms benchmark their compensation strategy to like firms. It also provides valuable insight on the critical HR issues and challenges facing Australian law firms. In 2016, 252 Australian law firms from across Australia, employing 10,153 people completed the survey.
The report includes:
- Details of salaries paid for 67 legal, managerial and administrative positions at law firms across Australia—broken down by State and size of firm, and further analysed by capital city vs regional location.
- Information on employments benefits and bonuses.
- The staffing mix of part-time, contract, casual and full-time workers employed at law firms.
- Key staffing ratios to measure firm productivity and performance.
- Anticipated salary increases and law firm recruitment intentions for the next 12 months.
- The key HR issues and challenges facing law firms in 2016.
- Diversity and inclusion perceptions, programs and plans.
More than 80% [of participant firms] pay professional membership fees, offer flexible working hours, celebrations & company paid training.
– 2016 ALPMA Australian Legal Industry Salary & HR Issues Survey Report
Firms and Individuals who participate in these surveys receive a complimentary copy of the research report.
Need more information?
If you have any questions about the research or need assistance, please contact our research team.