|CPD||1 - Ethics and Professional Responsibility|
|Associate Member||AUD $74.50|
Non-members must be eligible for alpma membership to attend.
Join alpma first and save →
Linden Barnes, The Law Society of New South Wales
In today's complex legal landscape, practicing law ethically is of utmost importance. Law firms require effective practice management to ensure ethical standards are upheld, both for lawyers and the practice managers who support them.
This seminar is designed to provide participants with a solid foundation in ethical practice management and empower them to navigate ethical challenges effectively within the context of law firms.
Topics for discussion includes:
- Information barriers
- Conflict checking
- Personal conflicts including family/friends
- File handling
- online court
- Understand ethical principles in legal practice and their implications for law firms and practice managers.
- Explore common ethical challenges in legal practice management.
- Develop strategies for maintaining client confidentiality and privilege in a law firm.
- Implement ethical procedures for identifying and managing conflicts of interest.
- Apply seminar knowledge to make ethical decisions in real-world practice management scenarios.
- Evaluate and improve practice management processes for ethical compliance.
- Effectively communicate ethical considerations to promote ethical behavior across the organization.
Who should attend:
- Practice Managers
- Professional staff
This seminar will be recorded and made available in our On Demand library after the live event.
Senior Ethics Solicitor at The Law Society of New South Wales
Linden Barnes is a senior ethics solicitor at the NSW Law Society for 12 years, taking about 18,000 phone calls and doing about 750 presentations on ethics in that time.
Previous experience include an inhouse role and working in commercial litigation. At other times, she can be found buried in her garden or in a canoe.