Assistant Practice Manager | Unique Part-Time Opportunity | Gold Coast Office
ABKJ Lawyers is a well-established, Gold Coast based law firm celebrating 50 years of service in 2020. Over the past 50 years the firm has built up a strong reputation in the community as being a reliable and experienced local law firm. We have the knowledge and expertise that comes with 50 years of practice and we take pride in the long period of time that many of our employees have been with us.
This newly created position has been established by the Partners to provide daily ongoing support to the Practice Manager of the firm. This critical role will see routine duties of the Practice Manager delegated to the Assistant Practice Manager. These duties will be carried out under the guidance and supervision of the Practice Manager.
We are currently looking to employ an Assistant Practice Manager to fill a permanent part-time position offering 25 hours per week. Your hours of work would be 9:30am to 2:30pm Monday to Friday with a view to increase these hours over time and transition to full-time employment as the role develops.
In this versatile role you will work alongside and report directly to the Practice Manager of the firm. From time to time you will be required to work additional hours to cover the Practice Manager while he is absent for extended periods of time, during which time, you will report directly to the Partners of the firm.
The position of Practice Manager encompasses a very broad range of duties which includes Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology and Operational tasks. Specific duties across these areas will be delegated to you as the Assistant Practice Manager. Your typical day could include the following tasks:
- Receipting funds and Reconciling Bank accounts
- Drawing Cheques, Processing Electronic Payments and Paying Creditors
- Dealing with Trust Monies Generally
- Administering and reconciling Petty Cash
- Preparing Bank Deposits and attending to the Banking
- Assist in the processing of Payroll weekly
- Assist in Recruitment and Decruitment processes
- Assisting in the preparation of employment contracts and other employment forms
- Carry out inductions and in house training sessions
- Assist in the planning and preparation of events.
- Draft, Disseminate and Monitor Social Media Posts
- Design and Develop Marketing Concepts and Material
- Liaise with Marketing and Advertising Contacts
- Carry out project work to achieve the objectives of management.
- General Administrative duties for management including filing, archiving etc
- General Procurement and sourcing of new technologies, equipment and supplies
- Provide lunchtime and holiday cover for the receptionist.
Remuneration for this position will be commensurate with your previous experience and how closely you align to the selection criteria.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will be confident, reliable, friendly and be able to demonstrate initiative and integrity. They will be a dynamic, team player with a strong work ethic that isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. As a “Jack of all trades” they will possess a wealth of general knowledge across a broad range of business areas.
The ideal candidate will also meet the following essential and desirable selection criteria:
- Solid Bookkeeping or Accounts background is crucial for success in this role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high Emotional Intelligence
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Advanced problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Advanced leadership skills
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks and technologies
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Previous experience working in the Legal Profession
- Tertiary Qualification in Business, Human Resources, Marketing or similar
- Experience using Lexis Affinity and MYOB
- Current Driver’s License and your own vehicle
- Justice of the Peace or Commissioner for Declarations
We envisage that this role will develop into a fulltime position at some point in the future and the ideal candidate may be someone returning to the workforce or looking to gradually take on fulltime employment.
If the ideal candidate sounds a lot like yourself then we strongly encourage you to apply for this position.
Please contact Anthony Palella our Practice Manager on 07 5532 3199 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the position.
All applications and expressions of interest should be submitted through Seek to be considered for this position.
Only direct applicants need apply. Candidates from recruitment agencies will not be considered for this position. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted about this position.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 07 5532 3199
Application Closing Date: 22/03/2020