Volunteering with ALPMA in our Marketing and Communications team is a great opportunity for students to gain professional marketing experience or for professionals to give back to the legal industry.
- Gain experience implementing an organisation’s marketing strategy in the real-world.
- Work in an experienced, distributed (online) team, from anywhere in Australasia.
- Make a difference in a small organisation: get your ideas heard and take on as much responsibility as you're comfortable with.
- Get exposure to the legal and professional services industries, with the potential to gain network contacts.
The Australasian Legal Practice Management Association (ALPMA) is the peak professional membership association that provides education, networking and career development opportunities to Allied Legal Professionals who work in the business of law. Anyone who currently holds a position, with management responsibility, within a private law firm, legal department or government agency within Australasia is eligible for membership.
As a not-for-profit association, ALPMA heavily relies on volunteers around Australia and New Zealand to help co-ordinate and deliver our L&D content, both online and locally across our six Branches (NSW, VIC, QLD, SA, WA, NZ).
We take our promise to members seriously and our communications play a vital role in delivering on that promise.
VISION | To be the leading voice in professional business management in Australasia.
MISSION | To create, empower and elevate professional business management leaders in Australasia.
VALUES | Empowering | Collaborative | Supportive | Collegial | Inclusive | Transparent
- You're studying marketing and communications courses (as your major or within another degree), or you have professional experience in marketing.
- You know about how social media and email are used commercially, because you've done it yourself or you've learnt about it.
- You're a creative problem solver, and don't balk at briefs with gaps and questions still remaining.
- You're a strong writer and can communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively. Even better if you're good aat proofreadng..
- You're interested in professional services and/or the legal industry - even if you haven't worked in it (yet).
About the Role
Like the ALPMA team, this role is flexible. You'll get as much or as little guidance as you need, and can take on as much responsibility and independent projects as you're comfortable with. But here are the basics...
Commitment: A few hours to one day per week
Location: Remote / Work From Home
Reports To: Customer Experience Specialist
What you'll do:
- Schedule social media content promoting key brand messages, ALPMA events and other information as required.
- Monitor and suggest opportunities to improve social media channels.
- Maintain ALPMA’s email marketing lists.
- Assist the ALPMA team to collate content for and build email marketing campaigns.
- Prepare graphics using Canva.
- Add and update blog and news articles and other content on the ALPMA website.
- Collate and enter data to help prepare monthly Communications reports.
- Undertake supervised research projects to produce best practice guides or recommendations, as agreed with the Customer Experience Specialist.