ALPMA National Summit
18-19 October, 2013, Sydney Exhibition & Convention Centre
The ALPMA National Summit is the premier event in the legal calendar, bringing together senior legal management professionals, world-class industry and subject-matter experts and the leading industry suppliers for an intensive two days of professional development and networking.
"Law Firm 3.0 - Leading the New Normal"
The 2013 ALPMA National Summit has adopted as its theme “Law Firm 3:0 - Leading the New Normal” recognising that the legal profession is undergoing waves of significant and recurring change. A major focus of the summit is leadership - recognising that managing partners and legal practice managers are being called upon to provide genuine leadership as firms re-shape themselves to deal with the changes.
The 2013 ALPMA Summit is designed to help managers at law firms keep abreast of these developments and ensure their firm keeps up or ahead of the curve.
Outstanding Guest Speakers & Program
ALPMA is privileged and excited to have General Peter Cosgrove, Australia's best known modern general, as a key note speaker.He will be supported by a very strong team of speakers which includes:
- Robert Milliner, former Chief Executive Partner at Mallesons Stephen Jacques. who will inform us of the challenges of harnessing the energy of hundreds of highly intelligent, dedicated professionals who crave autonomy
- Futurist Craig Rispin will deliver prophetic insights into the next generation of technology and how to harness this for law firms
- Joe Foster will be guiding delegates down the path of gaining respect as a leader and how to bring the team along with you
- Martina Sheehan (Mind Gardener) has been transforming organisations, leaders, and teams with ground-breaking brain based development programs for the last decade. She has built a reputation for “thinking differently” and she walks the talk.
- Rolf Moses of Norton Rose will present on aligning leadership with business strategy and culture
- Dr Peter Lynch will discuss succession, which ranks as one of the largest issues facing law firms today.
- Rob Balmer will talk about how Behaviours = Change and Emotional Intelligence.
We will also be covering topics designed to help firms adapt and thrive to new ways of working include legal process outsourcing, technology and innovation. View the full program here.
Attending ALPMA's National Summit will help you
- strengthen your core legal practice management skills
- meet like-minded individuals from across the country and overseas
- learn from leading national and international experts, with deep legal industry domain experience
- hear other firms discuss their key challenges and the initiatives they are implementing
- see the latest tool, technologies and services from industry leading suppliers and vendors.
Summit will reinvigorate you as a legal management professional, giving you loads of great ideas that you can directly apply on-the-job - and ensuring your firm also gains significant value from your attendance at this event.
Registration for this must-attend event opens in May, 2013.
Become a Partner
Download the 2013 ALPMA National Summit Partnership Prospectus to find out about partnership, exhibitor and merchandising opportunities available in 2013.