Product Line Planning & Knowledge Manager
Wotton + Kearney (W+K) has one focus – we are known as one of the leading Australian law firms specialising in the insurance industry. Established in Sydney in 2002. We've grown from one office with six lawyers to more than 140 lawyers specialising in insurance across six offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Wellington & Auckland. We are passionate about partnering with our industry clients to develop strategies to help mitigate insurance risk, manage claims, improve performance and create value for their businesses. Our specialist focus makes us the law firm of choice for some of the largest insurers, brokers, private companies and industry participants in Australia and across the world. Our commitment to this industry extends to overseas insurance markets including London, Europe and Asia Pacific. We are leaders in complex and high profile cases (national and international) and have strength in mining, energy & resources, financial services, property, construction and transport sectors.
This is the perfect role for a self-starter, client-centric and relationship focused either legal or business development professional. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the development and delivery of the General Liability’s Group’s planning, thought leadership and content development.
The successful candidate will work directly with the firm’s General Liability Product Line Leader and will have the full support of the firm’s BD & Marketing team.
Key responsibilities include:
Strategic Planning Support
Working with the General Liability Product Line Leader and relevant partners, the successful candidate will:
- Implement the firm’s “Toward 2025 Strategy”, including the development and implementation of a General Liability strategy which focusses on key client relationships and translates into detailed focus group plans and an annual business plan. All plans will be developed in conjunction with the BD & Marketing team.
- Capture and manage effective partner and senior lawyer business plans that have SMART objectives aligned to the Product Line Plan and the firms’ key client plans, including quarterly progress reviews.
- Working with the BD & Marketing team to develop and implement clear positioning and key messaging for inclusion in marketing collateral and tenders.
- Drive forward initiatives that directly impact on the success of the Product Line.
Profile Raising & Content Strategy
Working with the General Liability Product Line Leader and the Marketing & Communications Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Identify and implement profile raising opportunities for the partners and senior lawyers as market leading insurance specialists with relevant industry market events
- Develop targeted thought leadership campaigns and content, including researching and helping write content on current topical issues that highlight the General Liability’s team’s expertise and ensure timelines are met for content release.
Analysis and Research
Working with the General Liability Product Line partners, senior lawyers and the Clients and Markets Manager, you will:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the local and global Insurance market issues and trends including:
- client insurance products and capacity movement
- key corporate insureds businesses and insurance programs
- the competitive position of the Firm's Product Line group through extensive internal and external research.
- Monitor, analyse and communicate market, industry and competitive trends for the Product Line Group and assigned focus groups.
- Monitor and report on legal developments, setting up news, business intelligence, market and legal alerts in areas of relevance to the General Liability Product
- Line and creating first drafts of current awareness updates for internal or external use.
- Help develop client insights for the Product Line Group using the firm’s claims data and analytics.
Knowledge Development & Innovations
Working with the BD & Marketing team, the successful candidate will:
Develop and maintain Product Line specific client facing knowledge tools and materials – handbooks, Apps & Bots, Client Portals, technical updates, training programs and content to improve Client Engagement
- Ensure case studies of significant instructions and work experience are captured on a regular and timely basis and added to the CRM.
To be considered you need to:
- Be curious and have excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Be a confident writer with a keen interest in researching market issues and trends
- Be a self-motivated professional who can hit the ground running
- Be able to hold your own with a large group of successful professionals, communicate confidently and build sustainable relationships and networks both internally and externally
- Ideally come from the insurance sector, have worked in an insurance sector team or in an insurance focused role in a law firm
- Understand how to engage Partners across the firm.
Enquiries for this postion should be directed to:
People & Culture Consultant
Wotton + Kearney
Applications Close: 20 May 2020