Hear from our Members
Here's what Mark Kennedy and Sam Sofianos had to say about their ALPMA membership in their videos below:
Being a practice manager you need a really wide skill set. You can be a finance manager, accountant, IT manager, a HR manager, a mentor to the partners and the staff. The wide range of material that is available through ALPMA and their training programs – covers off all of those fields all in one place. ALPMA has been really useful for developing my skills. I have attended a number of webinars, seminars and conferences since I have been a member. Their speakers are always specialists within their fields and subject matters are always topical. Mark Kennedy, CEO, Braeden McCardle Lawyers
ALPMA has a great membership base of legal and non-legal professionals which has really helped me to network and share stories on projects and challenges that they have experienced and that I have experienced. I think at the end of the day it doesn’t matter what the size your organization is, ALPMA has something for everybody and especially the networking side of things is very, very beneficial. I’ve found the ALPMA programs to be very deep and extensive and the sessions that are run throughout the course of the year, including the conference, are very good and I think that has helped me to continue to develop as a leaders and a manager within our organization. Sam Sofianos, CIO – Colin, Biggers and Paisley.
ALPMA is a professional business network for law firm leaders, managers and executives. If you have a management or leadership role within a law firm, then ALPMA is for you.
Our membership network spans across Australia, NZ and into other Asia pacific countries. Our members hold leadership and management positions within law firms and occupy positions similar those listed below.
- General Manager; Business Manager
- Practice Manager; Office Manager
- Managing Partner; Partner
- HR Manager; GM – People & Culture; Head of HR; Change Manager
- IT Manager; Project Manager; Legal Technologist
- Marketing/BD Manager
- Knowledge Manager
- Finance Director; Accountant
Our members work in a variety of sized law firms from small firms (including sole practitioners and 1-2 Partners firms) right through to large international law firms.
Whether you are new to the legal industry or have been working within the legal industry for 20+ years joining ALPMA can help you network within your industry, advance your career and will provide your firm with many benefits.
- Meet like-minded business professionals
- Regular networking opportunities within your state
- Find out what other firms are doing and/or doing differently
- Be introduced to members in similar sized firms, with similar challenges
- Keep up to date with industry insights, changes & best practice
- Hear from expert legal speakers on a range of leadership & management topics
- Find out about and participate in legal benchmarking surveys
- A safe environment to ask questions & seek peer advice on challenges faced/tasks at hand
- Unlimited access to hundreds of recorded seminars on a variety of law firm management topics – all available online 24/7.
Annual memberships are only $550 inc GST and provide members with complimentary access to L&D seminars, webinars and local events*.
* Some conferences, workshops, seminars and events are additional
Hear what more of our members have to say about the value they, and their firms, receive from their membership, what they love the most about being a member – and why they recommend you should join our close-knit community.