The eight week Ignite Program is a leadership and cultural development program designed to empower leaders to increase their capacity and capability to lead.
It’s designed to help leaders create a workplace culture where people thrive.
The commercial value for the Ignite Program is in excess of $2,000 per person. We invite you to attend this pilot program for free as part of your ALPMA Corporate Membership for up to two of your people.
The Ignite Program is based on a 3 step learning process for growth and change over eight weeks and beyond.
This process is:
- Exposure to new ideas. Each week during the course, we explore new ideas on leadership and how we lead ourselves. This is delivered by James Bryant (Lead Different) utilising video clips, discussion, and reflection to maximise the impact.
- Experimentation. Each week participants design a way to experiment with implementing the new ideas in their life. This can be at work, at home or anywhere; the idea is that we put the ideas into action as soon as possible.
- Examination of the results. We want to reflect on the impact of behaving/thinking differently in our lives.
Key learning outcomes/outputs
Week 1: Maximum Value and Full Participation
- You are responsible for how much value you get from every experience in your life.
- What does full participation look like for you?
- What does avoidance look like for you?
- 3 types of risks
Week 2: Comfort vs Growth
- At all times we have the choice of Comfort vs Growth.
- What are the ramifications of this choice?
- Distress vs Eustress
Week 3: Events, Perception, Occurrence
- How you perceive the world affects how you behave.
- It’s never too late to change your perception.
- Your language shapes how the world occurs to you.
Week 4: The Four Jets
- There are some instinctive behaviours that all humans have.
- These instincts or “jets” push you towards achieving the same results in your life and leadership that you have always achieved.
- How do you circumvent these behaviours to get different results in your life?
Week 5: Problem or a Pattern
- What you think are unchangeable problems in your life can be easy to solve with the right resources and resolve.
- Learn how to distinguish between the problems and patterns in your life.
- Discover why you are choosing these patterns.
Week 6: Owning It
- What does radical ownership of your life look like?
- What is the biggest challenge you face?
Week 7: Who Do You Think You Are?
- Are you locked to a future you can’t control?
- Who determines what “realistic” is? What is extraordinary and who creates it?
- Learn how to cheat your brain.
Week 8: Where To From Here?
- What does it look like to take radical responsibility for your life and leadership?
- What does it take to go forward?
- Where will you be in 12 months?
Facilitator: James Bryant, Director, Lead Different
James is the founder and director of Lead Different. He works with a range of clients, from Fortune 500 companies, elite athletes, professional artists, and creatives to people who are starting a “side gig”. James was born and raised “all over Australia” before moving to California. After working intensively for three years, training and developing with world-class leadership and culture experts, James returned to Australia to start Lead Different.
The teams and organisations have won awards for their culture, set new revenue and profit records, promoted individuals, and transformed workplaces. James injects a high level of fun and personality into everything he does – he refuses to use PowerPoint and believes that trust falls are the worst team-building exercise ever!
James is someone who will move mountains and dive into impossibilities with one thing on his mind: to create a space for people to grow and discover a higher level of performance. Joby Harris – Designer and Visual Strategist NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
James has a unique way of bringing out the best in people. I joined an Ignite group while in sales, and it was remarkable to see the results! What I took from the course not only helped my professional world but also my personal life too. – Justin Maxwell – Principal Consultant at QMark Solutions
Format and timeframe
The Ignite Program runs for eight weeks, two hours a week every Tuesday from 2.30pm – 4.30pm AEDT starting on the 13th of February 2024
- Entry level management
- Lawyers working towards a promotion (Associate/Snr Associate)
- Members and Affiliate Members only
- Weekly sessions will be conducted in meeting format with no more than 20 participants.
- If participants cannot make a week, we have recorded a video to watch to catch up with the group.