Sustainable wellbeing for you, your team and your organisation
Sustainable wellbeing for you, your team and your organisation: Using a powerful framework to identify what is going well and the opportunities for positive change
Organisations expect leaders to have well-developed skills in people leadership, emotional intelligence, stakeholder relationships, strategic thinking, problem solving and more. In this day and age, shouldn’t we also expect leaders to be capable at developing wellbeing – for themselves, for the people they lead, and as champions of wellbeing across the organisation?
But how do you achieve this? Seasoned executive coaches Andrea Corcoran and Heather Linaker - who lead Stephenson Mansell Group’s business in Queensland – had been hearing this need more and more and were looking for a robust, credible and pragmatic way to tackle it.
They found it in the Global Leadership Wellbeing Survey and the framework that underpins it. It is powerful yet non-judgmental, and allows leaders to zero in on the aspects of well-being that are going well for an them, and their opportunities for positive change.
In this session, Andrea and Heather will introduce us to the 11 elements of the framework, and we shall hear from three legal leaders who have been profiled with it, and their ideas of how it could be used to address the challenging issues of how to work healthily and sustainably in the demanding environment that is the legal profession.
Queensland State Director | Executive Coach & Mentor
Heather coaches and mentors CEOs and senior executives to accelerate their leadership development and to optimise the value they add to their organisations and broader stakeholders whilst ensuring that they retain their authenticity. Understanding the rhythms and cycles of such roles, Heather supports her clients to excel by being their confidante, challenger, cheerleader, supporter and sounding board.
Before starting her second career in leadership development in 2011, Heather had a 25-year career in publishing, primarily with global publisher Wiley. She led and managed across a diverse range of functional areas including sales, marketing, project manage- ment and technology. She was also a key member of many global, regional and local projects that spanned business and support groups and required her to influence without authority across multiple locations and cultures. Her final role at Wiley was as Managing Director of the Australian operations.
Heather is also a former member of the Board of the State Library of Queensland.
Qualifications & Training
▪ Master of Arts, University of Cambridge, UK
▪ Master of Business Administration, Deakin University
▪ Diploma of Company Directorship, Australian Institute of Company Directors
▪ Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coach Federation
▪ Accredited Practitioner, The Leadership Circle (TLC), Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument (HBDI) and Global Leadership Wellbeing Survey (GLWS)
Queensland State Director | Executive Coach & Facilitator
Andrea has a passion for leadership and the positive impact that great leadership can have on teams, which has been the driving force throughout her career. Andrea spent more than 22 years in the banking and finance industry in a range of roles including relationship management, call centre management, head office sales and strategy, and leading a state business (as Head of the Private Bank in Queensland for one of the Big Four banks). Also, on a part time basis, Andrea spent 14 years in the Army Reserves, retiring as a captain.
Andrea now specialises in working with leaders who have been promoted recently into their role, or who wish to extend and challenge their leadership skills to become the best leader they can be, working with them to further understand and develop their leadership style. Andrea quickly builds rapport and understands the drivers and needs of her clients, and then challenges and encourages them to stretch their boundaries, to reap the rewards they are seeking, and also to enjoy life along the way.
Qualifications & Training
• Professional Certified Coach, International Coach Federation
• Master of Business Administration, Deakin University
• Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, Deakin University
• Bachelor of Business in Banking & Finance, Monash University
• Certificate IV in Life Coaching, Life Coaching Academy
• Level 2, Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership
• Accredited Practitioner: International Systemic Team Coaching; The Leadership Circle(TLC), Global Leadership Wellbeing Survey (GLWS), Social + Emotional Intelligence
Profile, DiSC Advanced
• Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors