by Angela Nguyen, Marketing Executive, GlobalX
3 reasons to invest in a mobility strategy:
1. Increase in the number of mobile workersToday’s business environment has entered a new era with mobile technology revolutionising how companies interact with their clients. A survey conducted by OnePoll, of workers in Australia and UK, found that nearly half of today's employees use a smartphone or mobile in the workplace. In addition, laptops have also become commonplace in today's work environment, with 82% of workers using it on a daily basis. The recent explosion of smartphones, tablets and laptop use, reveal that today's employees are looking for increased mobility at work.
2. Increased efficiency and productivity
Mobility solutions are providing new ways for lawyers, conveyancers and support staff to collaborate more efficiently. According to Forrester Research in the Global Workforce Benchmark Survey, it revealed:
- 56% of Australian and New Zealand workers state they need a smartphone to do their job, and
- Approximately 66% of respondents who use their own smartphone for work believe that it makes them more productive
Mobility provides a real-time touch-point between the firm and the client, enhancing the visibility of progress with matters and increasing client services and engagement. Mobile technology boosts productivity as employees have the autonomy to perform tasks anytime, anywhere – not confined by physical office spaces.
3. Foster business growth in the digital age
Digital technology such as mobility, is transforming the way companies create revenue and results. Indeed, 71% of executives rate mobility as one of the top five priorities revealed in Accenture’s Mobility Insights Report 2014. In addition, it was found that 30% of Australian companies plan to spend at least US$30 million on mobile capabilities in the next two years - more than any other mature market except the United States. Respondents from the survey view their investment in digital technologies as a strategic investment geared to helping their company grow.
To thrive and survive in a world where technology is constantly evolving, law firms need to adapt and embrace new technologies. Recently, we held ‘Innovation Exchange Workshops’ to measure readiness among our customer base for an enterprise mobility solution for their firm. From discussions at these workshops, it was evident that, despite concerns about how to effectively adopt mobile solutions, practitioners of all ages want to successfully engage with technology to increase work efficiencies.
At a time where the legal landscape is changing, it’s important to empower your clients with a mobile solution to have secure access to their content wherever they are, on any device. Work will no longer be defined by the 9-5 office routine, but rather by connectivity to the business network.
About our Guest Blogger
Angela Nguyen joined GlobalX in 2013 and is the Marketing and Communications Executive responsible for the digital facets within the company. Angela manages GlobalX’s social media channels and email communications – keeping customers up-to-date with the latest product enhancements and technology news within the legal industry.
Angela has a wealth of knowledge across GlobalX’s products and services having worked across a number of roles within the company from Helpdesk Support to Sales and Marketing. She is passionate about developing engaging content and making connections with customers.
GlobalX is an ALPMA FY18 Corporate Partner and a 2017 ALPMA Summit Workshop partner.