By Tony Bleasdale, ALPMA National President
2013 has been a fantastic year for ALPMA and I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for your support and contribution to the vibrant and close-knit ALPMA community. It has been yet another big year for ALPMA, with highlights including:
- Successfully setting up our WA presence and running five very-well attended events in Perth, thanks to the efforts of our fabulous WA Committee, with the support of our SA Branch, SA/WA secretariat and our WA partners.
- The biggest ALPMA Summit ever where 250 delegates and 47 trade exhibitors came together at the Sydney Exhibition and Convention Centre to discuss the challenge of leading law firms in the "new normal" legal landscape.
- The intriguing results from our research on the "Impact of the Changing Legal Landscape on Australasian Law Firms", conducted in conjunction with LexisNexis.
- The success of the inaugural ALPMA/Telstra Thought Leadership Awards - won by Anderssens Laywers for their project to develop a unique, secure, online operating environment that supports a 100% paperless and highly automated legal process and is accessible 24/7 for both staff and clients from anywhere on any device.
- The development of the ALPMA Legal Practice Management Learning & Development Framework and a new L&D strategy for ALPMA.
- The retirement of Warrick McLean, GM at Coleman Greig, from the ALPMA National President role after three years of outstanding service, and the election of a new team to lead ALPMA.
- The smooth introduction of Associate membership, a new membership structure and multi-member discounts for firms supporting more than one ALPMA member.
- Conducting 44 seminars, 8 webinars and a range of local events across the country free for our members to help them lead their firms and network with their peers and our fantastic National Corporate partners - Fuji Xerox, Grace Records Management, Law In Order, LitSupport, legalsuper, Ricoh and Toll Priority - and our all of our State Corporate partners
- Kriss Will facilitating the ALPMA National HR Workshops for the last time. The workshops were held in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Brisbane and proudly supported by SkillsScorecard,
As we farewell 2013, I hope that you and your staff will also take the time to reflect and celebrate your own highlights and achievements in what has been a challenging environment for many law firms.