Who can join?
If you have management responsibility within a law firm or legal department in Australasia, then ALPMA membership is for you. You are eligible to become an ALPMA Member if you are currently working in one of the roles below:
- Senior leaders at a law firm or legal department - including Legal Practice Managers, Managing Directors, CEOs, COOs and General Managers.
- Specialist managers and administrators at a law firm - including HR Managers, Finance Managers, Marketing and Business Development Managers, IT Managers, Knowledge Managers, Business, Office Managers, Administrative staff.
- Lawyers with a management role or interest in developing their management and leadership skills, including Managing Partners, sole practitioners, solicitors, barristers, associates and in-house corporate and government legal counsel.
There are two main types of ALPMA membership - full and regional - determined by where you work:
- Full Membership
If you work in New Zealand or within the metropolitan area of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth, then full membership is for you. Full members enjoy all the benefits of membership.
Check out our full membership pricing.
- Regional Membership
If you work at a law firm or legal department that is outside the metropolitan area of Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth then regional membership is for you. Those who work in other countries outside of Australia and New Zealand are also eligible for Regional membership.
Regional membership is cheaper than full membership because we understand you can't always get to our regular practice management seminars held in capital cities.
But don't worry about missing out! We also offer a fantastic Leading Your Firm webinar and live-streamed event program that you can attend on-line or at a regional location near you - and you still receive all the other membership benefits. ALPMA members can watch live recordings of most of our events on-demand in the ALPMA On-Demand Learning Centre. And if you happen to be in town, you can attend any of our practice management seminars absolutely free.
Check out our regional membership pricing.
If you are not eligible to become a member, you could be eligible to join as an ALPMA Associate.
You can be an ALPMA Associate if you are a:
- Past ALPMA member who has moved out of the legal industry but wants to remain involved
- Retired legal management professionals
- Academic or educator in a relevant field
- Student interested in a career in the legal industry.
Associates can attend our monthly learning and development seminars and webinars for half the price of non-members, have unlimited access all of our fantastic online resources and can participate for free in our industry research. Associates can also attend special events (like workshops and the ALPMA National Summit) at the discounted member price. Check out our Associate pricing
Please note that consultants, suppliers and vendors (including former ALPMA members who move to a vendor/supplier/consultant role) and anyone eligible to be an ALPMA Member are not eligible to become ALPMA Associates.
If you are a consultant, vendor or supplier to the legal industry and would like to be a part of the ALPMA community, we invite you to review the comprehensive range of opportunities to become an ALPMA partner